Some fun re-releases alongside exciting new titles! Pokemon Ultra Moon releases with it’s sunny counterpart as well as the lootbox plagued Star Wars Battlefront 2.
- Ben 10 (Switch, Xbox One)
- BioShock: 10th Anniversary Edition (PS4, Xbox One)
- Cat Quest (PC, PS4, Switch)
- Cities: Skylines – Snowfall (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- De Blob (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Demon Gaze II (PS4, PS Vita)
- Farming Simulator 17: Platinum Edition (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Ginger: Beyond the Crystal (Switch)
- Gunship Battle2 VR: Steam Edition (PC)
- Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (PC)
- Ittle Dew 2+ (Switch)
- Injustice 2 (PC)
- L.A. Noire (PS4, Switch, Xbox One)
- L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files (PC)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One)
- Lumo (Switch)
- Outcast: Second Contact (PC)
- Pinball FX3 (Switch)
- RiME (Switch)
- RIVE: Ultimate Edition (Switch)
- Road Rage (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Rocket League (Switch)
- The Sims 4 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Tokyo Tattoo Girls (PC, PS Vita)
- Trove: Adventures (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- VA-11 Hall-A (PS Vita)
- VVVVVV (Switch)
- Warframe: Plains of Eidolon (PS4, Xbox One)
- Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition (PC)
- Ashes Cricket (Xbox One)
- Akuatica: Turtle Racing (PC, Xbox One)
- Pokemon Ultra Moon (3DS)
- Pokemon Ultra Sun (3DS)
- SG/ZH: School Girl Zombie Hunter (PC, PS4, Switch)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Switch)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (PSVR)
- SG/ZH: School Girl Zombie Hunter (PS4)
- Star Wars Battlefront II (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Wuppo (PS4)
I feel like I keep saying that “insert game here” is the swansong of the 3DS but this one may be it. These are last 3DS Pokemon titles we get before the next main line entry on the Switch. Pokemon Ultra Moon and Sun release this week. Both new titles are set in the same land as Sun and Moon, Alola. The coolest aspect of this title is the inclusion of a rogue’s gallery of villains throughout the series. Basically the original Team Rocket boss Giovanni has formed Team Rainbow Rocket where he has gathered all of the bosses from past Pokémon games such as Ghetsis of Team Plasma and Lysandre of Team Flare.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 releases Friday. Unfortunately it could be a huge disappointment for myself and other Star Wars fans. It looked like they took all the criticisms over lack of content and progression from the first game to heart and we were going to get something special. Well they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the greediest way possible, lootboxes.
As someone who played the beta, I want to take this moment to say something to the developers. It looks like you had made a really promising game that built on the first, and was even getting close to striking the balance between modern Battlefield and OG Battlefront titles with an added nifty story mode too. Sure there were issues with balancing the hero characters and scale of battles, but it felt very positive. However the ones in charge of monetising your game, and inserting lootboxes, have made all of this meaningless.
Making a modern full priced title with a multiplayer focus where you can get an edge by buying random lootboxes is not something that should be supported. It’s as simple as that for myself.
A real shame because I thought the story looked cool too.
Getting any games this week? Let us know in the comments below!