Just this morning, a listing popped up on Amazon for Street Fighter V Arcade Edition and this afternoon Capcom confirmed it with a trailer.
This article was previously about a rumoured update to SFV, but has since been confirmed. The article has been updated to reflect this.
Street Fighter V has had a bit of a rocky journey in the past (almost) two years, from botched launches to tiresome content unlocking and ridiculously premium DLC. While the game is still bubbling a way under the surface with the fighting game community, it is nowhere near the popularity of SF4 in it’s heyday. As with every major Street Fighter release there are players begging to go back to the previous version (which is SF4, do you remember how much everyone hated on that?) and now there may be another iteration.
The listing had some info which I will list below:
Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PlayStation 4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title. All of the post launch gameplay content, such as the DLC characters in Street Fighter V, is earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called fight money. For those who just can’t wait to unlock each piece of new content, content can also be obtained instantly using purchased in-game currency.
- Arcade Mode – Choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games.
- Gallery – Unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode.
- Extra Battle – Complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018.
- New V-Triggers – Each character will have two V-Triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system.
- New Visuals – The user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus, and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects.
CONFIRMED: TRAILER BELOW.