Some positive gaming info, as today – 29 September 2017 – is the start of One Special Day, organised by the charity SpecialEffect. Today many big names in gaming are holding sales, auctions, livestreams and events to commemorate the tenth birthday of the charity, with profits going to transform the lives of gamers with disabilities.
Some serious names are joining this event, including charity darlings Humble Bundle, publishers like EA, retailers like GAME, and loads of others like Supercell, Rovio, Double Fine, and Rebellion. Check out the One Special Day website for more details on what each partner is offering for the event. The aim for the day is to reach £100,000 donated, and given the number of partners and games involved then this shouldn’t be too much trouble!
The event has sales and auctions on many popular stores, including the Humble Store (which apparently starts at 6pm BST), eBay for charity, and a whole heap of mobile titles are also involved – here’s a list to tickle your fancy:
- Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale
- Sim City BuildIT
- CSR2, Dawn of Titans
- Golf Clash
- Bee Brilliant
- Hill Climb Racing 2
- Songpop 2
- Samurai Siege, Fastlane, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars
- Angry Birds 2
- Top Eleven
- Cut the Rope (multiple titles), King of Thieves
- Family Guy Quest for Stuff, Avengers Academy
- Word Brain
- Build a Bridge, Spider Square, Slingshot Rush and all other Boombit games
- Crash Club
- Two Dots, Dots & Co
- Build Away, Farm Away
- World at War: WW2 Strategy MMO
- New Star Soccer, New Star Cricket
- Kim Kardashian Hollywood
- Winterstate, Robocide
- Score! Hero, Dream League Soccer
- Table Tennis Touch
- Best Fiends, Best Fiends Forever
- The Respawnables
In-App Purchases and Revenue
If you were going to blow some dolla on bonus purchases, today is a good day for it: many games are donating their profits to SpecialEffect today as well!
The Google Play Store has a section dedicated to the participating games, where all UK revenue earned today will go to SpecialEffect!